Gateway Airport Parking* (“us” “we” or “our”) provides and operates a range of motor vehicle and transport related parking facilities, services and products.
This Privacy Statement (“PS”) explains in general terms how we collect, hold, use and disclose our customers personal identifiable information (“PII”) under the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”). From time to time we may amend this PS as business requirements or the law changes and we may also have specific privacy notices issued that relate to particular facilities, products or services that we may provide. Any changes will be updated on our website.
When you use any of our facilities, products, services or this website, you will be deemed to have read this PS and also consented to our use of your PII as set out in this PS including any updated changes that we may make after the effective date of any change. Occasionally, you may need to provide PII about other individuals to us (For example about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their PII to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information.
If you choose not to provide certain information about you or an authorised representative, we may not be able to provide the facilities, products or services required or the level of service we strive to provide.
Information We Collect
The types of PII that we collect about you will depend on your requirements, our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection, electronic communication device used, whether your PII has been provided directly by you to us or by your dealings with a third party source (for example travel agents, independent website or electronic booking service facilitators and other people who may make bookings on your behalf or update or otherwise interact with us on your behalf). The PII may include:
- Identification and security information such as your name, address (including email), your occupation, gender, age, birth place, phone number, electronic device details or communication method used, your drivers licence details, passport information, image, motor vehicle details (including description, registration and identification numbers), alternate location and contact details, other personal details about you and any accompanying people (for example age, special needs and or health issues in connection with the use of our facilities, products and services) and if necessary, security question answers (for example a relatives maiden name identity verification);
- Details related to your flights, travel, location and contact;
- Payment details provided in connection with the purchase and or use of our facilities, services and products by you (such as credit/debit card information, cardholder name, card type, number, issuing bank and country, expiry date, security number);
- Retention retrieval of PII previously supplied by you or on your behalf from any third party sources or from our related entities, business partners, credit reporting bodies and or from our own records of your use of our facilities, products and services;
- Your membership details of any membership program we offer and that you use in connection with your use of our facilities, products and services;
- Participation by you and or any third party sources on your behalf in any subscription, survey, promotion, competition, review, comment, suggestion, enquiry feedback, assistance request, booking, reservation, dispute or interaction with us in connection with our facilities, products and services;
- When legally authorised to do so;
- Information from publicly available sources.
If you are an employee of one of our business, corporate, or government customers and travelling or obtaining other products or services in relation to your employment, we may also collect information about your role, employment, title, number, authorisation status, start date and details of any such employer paid travel arrangements.
How We Collect Information
We may collect your PII in a number of ways including:
- Directly from you when you use, make or update a reservation or booking to use our facilities, products or services, (including when you use or make an inquiry but do not proceed to a booking), when you register to receive any of our newsletters or other communications and or become a member of any membership program we offer, when you tell us about your preferences when using our facilities, products and services, fill out of any form, docket, ticket, invoice, agreement, questionnaire or other information source document associated with the use of our facilities, products and services, when you enter into and or complete any of our surveys, promotions, competitions, when make or engage with us in any review, comment, suggestion, enquiry, feedback, assistance request, booking, reservation, dispute, visit our website or otherwise interact with us;
- From travel agents, independent website or electronic booking service facilitators and other people, persons and organisations you use and or who make or update travel, reservations or bookings on your behalf or you or others on your behalf interacting with us, including when you or they make an inquiry but do not proceed to a booking;
- Credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- Any of our related bodies corporate, entities, subsidiaries and or branded entities including our and their business partners, operators, product and service providers;
- Retention retrieval of PII previously supplied by you or on your behalf from any third party sources and or from our own records of your use of our facilities, products and services;
- Publicly available sources; and
- When legally required or authorised to do so by law including for any policing, security or other regulatory authority.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may collect your PII in a number of ways including:
- Purchase, provision, improving, reviewing, responding to you and for the general administration of our facilities, products and services;
- Redisplaying retained PII details about you when next making a reservation or booking with us and undertaking any updated information supplied;
- Identity verification of you or any other person as may be necessary;
- Contacting you about your reservation, booking, travel, vehicle and any other arrangements made by you and or general communications with you;
- Processing payments, training our staff, tests of our systems and managing your interaction with us and any of our direct or third party service providers and suppliers;
- Providing and operating any of our competitions, promotions and events;
- Distributing and communicating, advertising, newsletters and or any other material from us or with the assistance of any other third party service providers including mobile device communications;
- Supporting you and any other person, including as may be prudent or necessary due to any illegal activity, for fraud detection and prevention, dispute resolution, provision of assistance or for any circumstance, claim, event, enquiry response or for any other matter, circumstance, request or situation as may be prudent or necessary;
- Ensuring the safety and security of all of our customers and other persons when using our facilities, products and or services, including any compliance, investigation, security and or screening issues as may be prudent and or necessary;
- Facilitating participation in our membership program or that of our related bodies corporate, entities, subsidiaries and or branded entities including our and their business partners, operators, product and service providers having any like membership, loyalty or recognition programs;
- Conducting any marketing or research activities for our facilities, products and services or the facilities products and services of third parties including that of our or our related bodies corporate, entities, subsidiaries and or branded entities including our and their business partners, operators, product and service providers and to improve our facilities, products, services and marketing activities; and
- Maintaining our records and for complying with any of our legal obligations, including any laws for any policing, security or other regulatory authority.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your PII to others in connection with the sale, provision and use of all of our facilities, products, services and membership programs (including preferred suppliers, providers, contractors, third party operators and others performing services for us) such as:
- Organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies including providers involved in security, maintenance, repairs, billing, catering, car hire, chauffeur, bus, membership, insurance, cleaning, servicing, information technology services (for booking, reservation and related information, processing systems, data storage including any cloud based server data hosting, distribution, support, planning, maintenance, software system development, analysis and reporting), cloud based communication networks, other general travel related services, reservations, bookings and assistance (for example check in, baggage handling and provision of special assistance), commercial transactions involving all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation);
- Marketing research and analysis providers;
- Membership program purposes including for use in operation and marketing; Your authorised representatives including your legal advisers (if you request), travel agents, electronic communicators, transport, customer, service, website or internet electronic booking service facilitators, providers, operators or participants used by you or people on your behalf making bookings, updates or otherwise interacting with us about the provision and or use of our facilities, products and services; Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies, credit providers (for credit related purposes such as worthiness, rating, provision and financing); Our professional advisers (accountants, auditors, lawyers), related bodies corporate, entities, subsidiaries, brand entities including our and their business partners, product and service providers and operators including for any sharing and transfer matters;
- Providers and facilitators of business, corporate and government travel sales; and
- Providers of services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident;
We may also disclose your PII to Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law to comply with our legal obligations, including disclosure to various police, law enforcement bodies, government departments, regulatory authorities, other agencies and their service providers.
If you are an employee of one of our corporate, business or government clients and are travelling for work purposes on a booking or reservation made or purchased by your employer, we may also disclose your PII and any information associated with your booking reservation or travel (such as incident reports) to your employer.
Cookies & How We Use Them
Cookies are small files or pieces of data or information stored on the web browser of your computer. Our website and associated websites (including those you reach by clicking on advertising) may place and store cookies on your web browser. Cookies are used to provide useful features to website users and have become standard in industry website use.
- Improve your website browsing experience. For example, remembering your search criteria and preferences for later visits and to avoid multiple search re-entries;
- Monitor, gather, analyse, manage and report statistics on the use of our site and improve its usability;
- Permit customised, appropriate messages and advertising from us and third parties;
- Use third party cookies to show you our advertisements on other websites (remarketing).
Whilst unintended, some PII may be collected in limited circumstances such as when an email address is incorporated into a URL string but is not used by us. However if you are a Membership program member logged into your account, the information we collect via cookies may be linked with your PII.
How We Hold and Secure Your Information
We may hold and store your PII in a combination of hard copy and or electronic format in storage facilities that we either own and or operate ourselves or that are owned and or stored and operated by our service or third party information system providers. We may combine PII we receive, hold or store about you with other information we hold about you including information received from our third party service providers or business partners.
We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your PII (including when accessing your Membership program information) and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
However whilst we take these steps to maintain security of your PII information, there are many PII security risks that exist today and you are encouraged to take appropriate care to help safeguard your PII.
Disclosure of Information Overseas
In the course of providing our facilities, products and services, we endeavour not to send your PII (including Membership program PII) overseas. However there may be overseas disclosure circumstances where we share your PII with our providers or when we receive it from you, on your behalf or from third parties or others who either assist us in such provision or where you have used or utilised an overseas based or enabled online wi-fi service provider, website or electronic booking and or reservation service facilitator located overseas. In addition disclosure may also be made by us overseas where you or others on your behalf use an overseas on line wi-fi facility, entity or other people, persons or organisations to make a booking, reservation, inquiry or update your travel, reservations or bookings or they or you otherwise interact with us or with our related bodies corporate, entities, subsidiaries and or branded entities including our and their business partners, operators, product and service providers from overseas. Furthermore there may be overseas disclosure to those who perform or use operational or administrative services based overseas or those who may use cloud servers located overseas to store your PII. Disclosure of your PII may also be made to processing operators of global and cloud based data, hosting, distribution and retention systems that operate overseas.
As a consequence, it is not practicable to list the location of every service provider, on line wi-fi connector, electronic facilitator, entity or other people, persons, organisations or data processor located overseas with whom we deal with or with whom you or others on your behalf may deal with or who otherwise interacts with us on your behalf from overseas.
In addition an overseas recipient of your PII may be located in a country that might not provide an equivalent level of PII and or data protection and we cannot be accountable for how these recipients handle your PII. By providing your PII to us through an overseas online wi-fi provider, website or electronic booking and or reservation service facilitator entity or other people, persons or organisations from overseas on your behalf you consent to our disclosure of your PII to these parties. If you have any concerns regarding the transfer of your PII overseas please contact us.
Access & Correction of Information About You
Subject to some exceptions allowed or applied by law or under the APP, you have a right to access and to correct the PII we hold about you. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Your request will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
We reserve the right to charge or recover from you a fee for our reasonable costs of searching, providing access and supplying you with this information. We will not charge you for making a request to correct or update your PII or to unsubscribe from any preferences, newsletters, promotion or advertising material information. If you do not wish to receive material from us please contact us at our contact details below.
If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct the information, we will notify you of our reasons for the refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
Membership program members can update their PII online or by contacting us as below.
Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your PII is collected or used please contact us, write or send an email to us. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Our Contact Details
You can contact us by email or writing: to
The Privacy Officer
Gateway Airport Parking P/L trading as Gateway Airport Parking
(P O Box 61 Tullamarine Vic 3043)
26-30 Western Ave, Westmeadows Vic 3049
* Gateway Airport Parking means Gateway Airport Parking Pty. Ltd (ACN 144 009 656), its related bodies corporate and subsidiaries including all branded entities trading as Gateway Airport Parking.